Pages

Oct 25, 2013

Solitude.

Got asked recently why I don't upload very much anymore and what I need to do to edit and upload. This isn't a rant or an apology, just a little explanation of things on my blog. An update I guess?

Pretty much whenever I go through photos I bundle myself up in a blanket in a chair, the lights off or blinds open in the day, music loud in either speakers or headphones, and my laptop in front of me and tv as a second monitor on my side. Self induced solitary confinement. Ask anyone who's been around me while I edit, I'm pretty much silently afixed to the screens for hours. I use 2 monitors for more work space because this 13" screen doesn't cut it for 4 open windows so I use my TV too. I get asked about my music a lot. I love music. I listen to music with whatever I'm doing throughout the day. People ask me why I don't listen to radio or know any "mainstream" songs. It's not that I completely hate it, sometimes I do like new songs on the radio that come out. Call me hipster if you will but I do digging to find music. Deep digging, other blogs, websites, youtube, soundcloud, whatever. I appreciate music coming from small time names, hobbyists, up and coming artists, and even oldies (hence the Darondo, Otis Redding, and The Smiths I've had on here.) I also usually listen to the song I'll post with a set on repeat while I edit and try to find a song that'll go good with a set of photos.
When it comes to photos and editing, I can't edit a few photos at a time whenever I have free time because of my overwhelming self-criticism. What I mean is that if I edit a few then go back and look at them later I will start to see flaws and things I should've corrected, changed, etc. I DO NOT consider myself a great photographer, or even consider myself a photographer but I do what I do because I love to do it. If I have time in between every few photos I lose consistency as I have a different mindset every time I edit. This is why I prefer solitude and go through all photos of a set at once. As far as time to do all this, I don't have enough nowadays. With school and work now intertwined within my nomadic life, I only have a day or two in my actual room a week. Motivation-wise, yes. I am LAZY. Sometimes I don't want to even see my laptop.

If I do have a photo you want, or want to see let me know though. I can grab and edit any one photo if you want it. I don't care if you think you'd be bugging me or even we only met once and I have a photo of you, I do not care. Just let me know. I can get you a photo whenever I have the time instead of impatiently waiting months for me to get to a set.. ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment